- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 18 March 2013
Introduction to the Yamaha A-1020 Universal Blu-ray Player
The number of Universal Blu-ray players on the market continues to be strong, despite the much-discussed "death" of SACD and DVD-Audio formats. While no longer mainstream enough to be found at your local Best Buy or other big box retailer, SACD especially remains a thriving format in the audiophile market, with Mobile Fidelity, Analogue Productions, and more continually releasing new and remastered titles on the format. This thriving market has helped keep demand for universal players, like the Yamaha A-1020, strong for a number of years.
The A-1020 is a Universal Blu-ray player that handles virtually all disc formats you can throw at it. In addition to its Blu-ray and audio playback abilities, is has the ubiquitous Netflix support and integrated Wi-Fi for streaming the content. It sounds like a good package from the specs, but with the universal player market being so competitive it really has a lot of good competitors to deal with.
YAMAHA A-1020 UNIVERSAL BLU-RAY PLAYER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Universal Blu-ray Player
- Codecs: All
- Streaming Support: Netflix, Picasa, YouTube
- Connections: HDMI 1.4a, Composite Video, Component Video, Optical and Coaxial Audio, RCA Stereo Audio, USB, Ethernet, RS-232, 802.11bgn
- Dimensions: 3.3" H x 17.1" W x 10.1" D
- Weight: 6.4 Pounds USD
- MSRP: $450
- SECRETS Tags: Yamaha, Universal Players, Blu-Ray, Players, Video