- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 03 September 2013
Introduction to the Samsung BD-F5900 Blu-ray Player
Samsung made a big show of their updated Smart Hub interface at CES this year. For many people the important distinction between Blu-ray players now is the quality and variety of streaming content available and not the disc playback itself. The last player I tested from them had some very innovative search features at that time, though sometimes the results weren't fully accurate which reduced the usefulness. As that was close to two years ago, Samsung has had plenty of time to remedy the issue.
With the heavy push towards streaming, and Samsung putting a lot of emphasis there on this new player, I was very hopeful for a nice online experience as I opened up the BD-F5900.
SAMSUNG BD-F5900 BLU-RAY PLAYER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Blu-ray Player
- Streaming Support: Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, HuluPlus, Amazon Cloud Player and dozens more
- Connections: HDMI 1.4a, Coaxial Audio, USB Front, Ethernet
- Dimensions: 1.6" H x 14.2" W x 7.7" D
- Weight: 2.6 Pounds
- MSRP: $120 USD
- SECRETS Tags: Samsung, Blu-ray, Video