- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 01 August 2011
After having tested a Pass power amplifier and phono preamplifier, I could not wait to get my hands on a preamplifier, to complete the system analysis. The subject of this review is the venerable XP-20, which has been in the Pass inventory since 2009. It's a fully balanced design, with separate power supply chassis for low noise. The bench test results were quite surprising. Read on to see for yourselves.
- Design: Fully Balanced Stereo Preamplifier
- Maximum Voltage Output: 34 Volts into 100 kOhms
- MFR: 2 Hz - 60 kHz, - 3 dB
- Inputs: XLR and RCA
- Outputs: XLR and RCA
- Input Impedance: 96 kOhms XLR, 48 kOhms RCA
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms XLR, 50 Ohms RCA
- Dimensions: 4" H x 17" W x 12" D (Each Chassis)
- Weight: 40 Pounds (Both Chassis Together)
- MSRP: $8,600 USA
- Pass Labs