- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 27 August 2009
- Earthquake Titan Telesto Floor-standing Speakers and Supernova MKVI 10" Subwoofer
- Page 2: Earthquake Titan Telesto Speakers and MKVI Subwoofer Design
- Page 3: The Earthquake Titan Telesto Speakers and MKVI Subwoofer In Use
- Page 4: The Earthquake Titan Telesto Speakers and MKVI Subwoofer On the Bench
- Page 5: Conclusions About the Earthquake Titan Telesto Speakers and MKVI Subwoofer
- All Pages
One of the tenets of running a business is that you want to grow in size, number of products, types of products, and therefore, aim the financial arrow in the upward direction.
For subwoofer companies, the natural thing to do is to add speakers to your product line. After all, subwoofers are meant to be played by themselves. They go with, you guessed it, speakers.
So, as you have probably noticed when browsing the Internet, or reading the various audio magazines, subwoofer companies have been adding speakers to their product array.
Earthquake Sound has offered speakers for several years, and true to the Earthquake concept, some of them are very large. However, the trend these days is to have speakers with a small footprint and narrow view from the front. This means a couple of things. One is that they are deeper than they are wide, especially if there is a decent sized woofer in the enclosure, which is then mounted on the side. This is the case for Earthquake's new Titan Telesto speakers.
Specifications : Titan Telesto Speakers
- Design: Floor-standing, Four-way, Sealed Enclosure
- Drivers: One 1" Silk Dome Tweeter, One 1.25" Horn-loaded Silk Dome Tweeter, Two 4" Carbon Fiber Midrange, One 8" Woofer
- MFR: 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 88 dB/m/2.83v
- Power Handling: 500 Watts
- Dimensions: 50" H x 7.7" W x 18.3" D
- Weight: 68 Pounds/Each
- MSRP: $4,999/Pair USA in Black Piano Finish
Specifications : Supernova MKVI 10" Subwoofer
- Design: Sealed Enclosure
- Drivers: One 10" Active, One 12" Passive Radiator
- Amplifier: 600 Watts RMS, Class D
- MFR: Down 2 dB at 20 Hz, Down 4 dB at 15 Hz
- Inputs: XLR and RCA
- Dimensions: 16" H x 16" W x 18" D
- Weight: 70 Pounds
- MSRP: $2,399 USA in Black Ash Wood Veneer
- Earthquake Sound
- Next >>