- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 21 November 2012
OPPO continues its tradition of being leader of the pack with the introduction of the BDP-105 Universal Player. It has every type of input that one could want, making it truly a player that can handle all types of media and sources. The video quality is superb (video results coming in Chris Heinonen's review of the 103 which has the same video circuit as the 105), and the audio quality (tested in this review) is what we have come to expect from OPPO: audiophile-grade.
- Design: Universal Player
- Codecs: Everything from Here to Eternity
- DACs: Sabre32 32 Bit / 192 kHz
- Features: Two HDMI Inputs, Three USB 2.0 Ports for Storage and WiFi (Type A), One Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0 Input (Type B), 3D-Capable, 4K Upscaling (3,840 x 2,160), VUDU HD Movie Streaming, CinemaNow, Netflix Instant Streaming, Pandora Internet Radio, Rhapsody Online Music, BD-Live, BonusVIEW
- Dimensions: 4.8" H x 16.8" W x 12.2" D
- Weight: 17.3 pounds
- MSRP: $1,199 USD
- SECRETS Tags: OPPO, 7.1, Universal Players, 3D, Video