5 September 2019 – MQA, the pioneering technology delivering authenticated master-quality music in a file small enough to stream, will be revealing new partners, additional products and more MQA music at two major North American shows. RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest), the consumer audio show, runs from 6-8 September, while CEDIA Expo, the leading connected technology show, follows on 10-14 September. The two events take place in Denver, Colorado, and visitors to both can view new products from MQA partners, while experiencing master quality music and live demonstrations of MQA technology in action.
Following the landmark launch of Xiami Music streaming service in China earlier this year, users will be able to experience MQA on-the-go with the new wave of digital audio players from a range of Chinese-based manufacturers. These makers sell worldwide with new products available across all international markets.
New partners and MQA-enabled products being announced at RMAF include:
- Cayin, which has recently integrated MQA into its new digital audio players, the N8 and N8 Brass Black;
- iBasso Audio’s DX220 digital audio player;
- HiBy’s R5 portable audio player (MQA-enabled in September);
- The recently announced SMSL Audio’s M500 DAC + headphone amplifier is now available to order;
- Ausounds, the US-based premium audio company that designs headphones and audio products, is announcing its MQA partnership.
Meanwhile at CEDIA, JBL Synthesis is the latest HARMAN brand to join the MQA family, following MQA implementation into Mark Levinson and Arcam products. HARMAN will debut new products from the JBL Synthesis brand, including the SDR-35 AV receiver and the SDP-55 AV processor, while the Arcam SA30 flagship integrated amplifier gets its first US show outing. Additionally, Monitor Audio will be announcing its new IMS-4 streamer, which incorporates the BluOS module with MQA capability.
MQA music availability continues to expand rapidly, including within China where millions of new MQA songs have been made available via the Xiami Music platform.
“With the release of millions of new recordings, MQA enables labels, services and playback partners to continue to raise the audio bar. Combined with the growing selection of MQA-ready digital audio players, more music fans are enjoying authenticated MQA music on the go,” said Mike Jbara, CEO of MQA.
Recent music highlights include:
- A nugs.net exclusive, introducing Third Man Records live shows in MQA to download and stream, including live concert recordings from label owner Jack White, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes and The Dead Weather;
- To mark the 30th anniversary of legendary Brazilian hip-hop group, Racionais MC’s, the band’s entire catalogue is now available in MQA exclusively on TIDAL;
- MQA-CD has breathed new life into the physical format – notably in Japan, the second largest recorded music market in the world. Warner Music Japan has recently released evergreen titles from artists including Joni Mitchell, Keith Jarrett and the Ramones, while T-TOC Records releases MQA-CDs on a monthly basis. Evolution Music Group continues to champion the format, including Grammy Award-winning jazz artist, Bob James, with his latest “Espresso” album
Existing MQA playback partners continue to expand and promote their MQA offerings (see notes for additional demo details):
- Astell&Kern will showcase its new A&ultima SP2000 portable player in the HeadSpace area and plans to release the product in September. Astell&Kern recently integrated nugs.net into a range of its high-end players, and 90-day free trial vouchers for the MQA-enabled service will be available to stand visitors;
- NAD and Bluesound will host MQA listening sessions on 6 and 7 September at 11:00am;
- MOON by Simaudio will demonstrate MQA in association with ListenUp, holding two dedicated MQA listening sessions on 6 and 7 September at 3:00pm;
- EISA award-winners Hegel and Pro-Ject Audio Systems will be demonstrating MQA products at the show;
- The DV2 integrated DAC from EMM Labs will be on display, while its NS1 network streamer is ‘coming soon’ to MQA.
MQA playback partners showcasing their MQA products for the custom install market include:
- Control4 who will be demonstrating MQA at its booth on the recently announced Triad One streaming amplifier;
- Meridian Audio will demo its new 210 Streamer across a number of partner locations, including Barco Residential, Leon Speakers and Josh.ai;
- NAD will have its EISA award-winning, MQA-enabled M10 streaming amplifier on display.
MQA CEO, Mike Jbara, along with Ken Forsythe, Director of Market Development, will co-host a training session, open to all CEDIA attendees, on Wednesday 11 September from 11:00am to 12:30pm. “Delivering authentic studio quality sound: Understanding the MQA ecosystem and how this technology can help increase profits” is part of the Emerging Trends track and takes places in room 1F.
Additional MQA partner demonstrations at RMAF:
- Aurender (10128, Willow Lake 1&2) – whole range of products supports MQA
- Berkeley Audio Design (3102) – Alpha DAC Reference series
- dCS (11115) – whole range supports MQA
- Esoteric (Willow Lake 1&2) – Grandioso series
- exaSound Audio Design (4128) – e32 Mark II DAC
- iFi Audio (HeadSpace 80) – Pro iDSD DAC & a range of portable DACs (MQA renderers)
- Krell Industries (9113) – K-300i integrated amplifier
- LUMIN (3134) – whole range supports MQA
- Mark Levinson (6128) – No519 digital audio player, No5802 & 5805 integrated amplifiers
- Mytek Digital (HeadSpace 24)
- Sony (1118) – Walkman range of portable players
- Technics (6121-6122 ListenUp) – SL-G700 CD player
Using pioneering scientific research into how people hear, the MQA team has created a technology that captures the sound of the original studio performance. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download, while also being backward compatible, so you can play MQA music on any device. MQA’s award-winning technology is licensed by labels, music services and hardware manufacturers worldwide and is certified by the RIAA. MQA is a UK-based private company.