VISTA, Calif. (May 21, 2019) — Today Denon®, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium home entertainment and personal audio products since 1910, announced two new X-Series AV receivers. The Denon AVR-X2600H (95W per channel) and AVR-X1600H (80W per channel) deliver lifelike, visceral 7.2 surround sound experience far beyond the capability of TV audio or even traditional sound bars, providing home entertainment enthusiasts with the latest technologies to upgrade their home cinema and streaming entertainment experience.
“Denon is committed to bringing the latest technologies to home theater enthusiasts while offering flexibility so they can grow with their home entertainment systems. To that effect, we’ve added the latest Dolby and DTS 3D audio technologies and eARC so customers can up-mix traditional stereo and surround soundtracks to a 3D listening experience or virtualize Dolby Atmos or DTS:X mixes for amazing immersive audio without dedicated height channels,” said Michael Greco, senior director of global brand management at Sound United. “Listeners can also expect a full suite of technical capabilities, including the latest 4K video technologies, ALLM [auto low latency mode], voice control, Apple AirPlay 2, and HEOS wireless multi-room music streaming.”
Denon’s new performance-tuned X-Series AV receivers provide a truly immersive 3D audio experience, supporting the latest surround sound formats including Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, which adds virtualized height and surround effects on traditional stereo or surround content as well as Dolby Atmos content while using fewer speakers. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization is used to create the sensation of sound that extends above and beyond the listener, using only loudspeakers originating at listener-level. This technology is ideal for systems without discrete height or surround speakers throughout the room such as 2.1 or 5.1, simplifying installation while delivering the excitement of 360-degree audio. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology will be delivered via a future firmware update.
Denon X-Series AVRs feature a new eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), which delivers uncompressed and object-based audio from the TV to the receiver via a single HDMI cable and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) for lag-free gaming. With eARC pass-through, 4K Ultra HD HDMI and full HDCP 2.3 support on all ports, X-Series AVRs provide seamless connections with the latest 4K and future 8K TVs as well as streaming devices, gaming consoles and other source players. Audio content from the TV can be distributed to the second zone as well as the main zone via HDMI using a new party mode feature. Video content quality through a TV or projector is uncompromised thanks to the latest 4K video technologies such as Dolby Vision™, HDR10, and HLG. Denon X-Series AVRs are also HDCP 2.3 compliant, ensuring compatibility with the latest copy protected content.
Denon X-Series AVRs are Apple® AirPlay 2 compatible allowing for streaming of Apple Music. Each receiver features a front-panel USB port that offers convenient audio playback of MP3 and high-resolution audio formats (WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz files). Wireless connectivity to popular streaming music services like Spotify®, Pandora®, Tidal, and more is easy via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 and Wi-Fi with HEOS built-in.
Denon X-Series AVRs also work with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Josh.ai, and Apple Siri for effortless voice control. Listeners can use Amazon Alexa for a variety of commands, including switching inputs for different media players, while the Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri can be used to adjust the volume, skip to the next track, and more. Josh.ai offers custom integrators greater control over voice integration into a variety of existing smart home platforms, including Creston, Control 4 and a variety of other compatible platforms.
With HEOS Built-in, the X-Series AVRs can stream music wirelessly across compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, including Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, SoundCloud, SiriusXM, Tidal and more. Consumers can also enjoy their favorite music in any room of the home wirelessly. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room via a variety of streaming sources.
By visually guiding users through each step in the setup process, Denon’s award-winning Setup Assistant makes it easy to get X-Series AVRs out of the box and making beautiful music quickly. Because every home theater is unique, Denon uses premium room calibration technology from Audyssey that automatically takes precise measurements and optimizes the receiver’s performance, providing the finest 3D audio experience tailored to the acoustic properties of the space.
Custom A/V integration professionals will appreciate the X-Series receivers’ smart features, including support for Audio Select functionality or AirPlay OFF so it will not appear on every iOS device throughout the home. To best tailor system functionality for each client, integrators can now assign the same HDMI input source over multiple inputs and choose different audio sources. Integrators can also provide their clients with improved service efficiency and reduced downtime by utilizing ihiji Invision, Domotz Pro or OvrC remote system monitoring and management technology to remotely monitor and troubleshoot X-Series AVRs.
New 2019 Models
7.2 CH at 80W
7.2 CH at 95W
4K Ultra HDMI
6 inputs / 1 output
8 inputs / 2 output
Pure Direct Mode
Audyssey MultEQ XT and Dynamic Volume
Video and HDMI
- New eARC: Enhanced audio return channel now supports latest lossless and 3D audio formats for audio transmission directly from the TV to the AV receiver through the connected HDMI cable.
- New HDCP 2.3: Supports latest copy protection standard on all HDMI ports.
- New Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Low latency gaming supported on Xbox One and requires supported TV.
- Incredible Color: 4:4:4 color resolution, BT.2020, HDR10, Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)Supports.
- True 4K: 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz pass through and 4K/30Hz video upscaling on AVR-X2600H.
Audio and Surround Sound
- New Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology: Up mix Dolby content to add virtualized height effects only from floor level speakers such as traditional 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setting (via future firmware update).
- Immersive 3D Audio: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X up mixing of DTS encoded content.
- Lossless Surround Sound: Support for Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio.
- Premium DAC: 32bit AKM DAC allowing for high-resolution audio decoding.
- Hi-Res Audio: Ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks.
- Universal Playback: Front panel USB input enables playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files.
Music Streaming and Smart Home
- HEOS Built-in: Wi-Fi music streaming and multi-room audio technology with compatible components. HEOS supports free and premium Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, SoundCloud, SiriusXM, Tidal and more.
- AirPlay 2 Built-In: Use AirPlay 2 to stream Apple music wirelessly to the AV receiver, or group with other AirPlay compatible speakers to fill the home with music.
- Effortless Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri for hands-free control of your wireless music and AVR.
- Bluetooth Enabled: Stream music wirelessly and distribute to Zone 2 or HEOS enabled speakers through the free HEOS app.
- Room Calibration and Optimized Room Acoustics: Audyssey suite of EQ calibration technology for simple, accurate set-up and dynamic volume control.
- Quick Selects: The front panel and remote control feature four Quick Select buttons that store preferred audio settings for each source.
- Remote apps (iOS/Android): Denon AVR remote for basic AVR’s control and setup. Audyssey MultEQ editor app available for purchase for further customization of room EQ curve.
- Remote Monitoring Support: Gives custom integrators the power to monitor and troubleshoot remotely, which drastically reduces customer downtime. Supports Domotz Pro, OvrC, and ihiji Invision
Setup and Ease of Use
The AVR- X1600H ($599) and AVR- X2600H ($799) are now available at authorized Denon retailers.
Denon is a trusted world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products since 1910. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by Sound United LLC.