60 GHz SiBEAM Technology Ensures Robust, Low Latency Video Transmission Free From Interference
- First-to-market 4K UHD wireless solution that uses the license-free 60 GHz band for broad market applications including industrial, consumer, and medical
- Reference design leverages Lattice’s SiBEAM 60 GHz technology and SiI9396 HDMI® 2.0 video bridge device to enable wireless distribution of 4K30 Blu-ray quality video
- High video quality at low latency over a robust wireless connection
PORTLAND, OR – June 6, 2017 – Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC), the leading provider of customizable smart connectivity solutions, today announced an ultra-high-definition (UHD) wireless solution to deliver Blu-ray quality video for broad market applications. Using the MOD6320-T and MOD6321-R wireless video modules based on Lattice’s SiBEAM 60 GHz technology and the Sil9396 HDMI 2.0 video bridge device, Lattice is the first to bring to market a 4K wireless video solution that transmits in the 60 GHz band, ensuring robust, low latency video transmission free from interference.
The new wireless reference design provides a high bandwidth, wireless audio/video interface compatible with the HDMI standard for in-room applications in a range of markets including medical and industrial.
“With video displays reaching ever higher resolutions and particularly with 4K UHD becoming the expected viewing experience, we strive to provide our customers with the technology to properly transmit these images at low latency without interference,” said C.H. Chee, senior director of marketing at Lattice Semiconductor. “Our new wireless reference design combining 60 GHz technology with our HDMI video bridge device enables the robust distribution of high-quality video content in 4K resolution without the inconvenience of cables.”
Key advantages of 60 GHz wireless technology include:
- Visually lossless and near-zero latency video transmission
- Up to 4K resolution
- Robust to RF interference
- Seamless and easy installation process in the home or enterprise environment
- Supports latest HDCP 2.2 for the secure distribution of content