Headphones and Earphones
- Written by Stephen Hornbrook
- Published on 25 February 2013
Introduction to the MartinLogan Mikros 90 Headphones
Not wanting to be left out of the lucrative headphone market, MartinLogan has released the noise isolating Mikros 90. Instead of going the exotic, high-end route of designing a pair of electrostatic headphones to mimic their famous loudspeakers, MartinLogan has created a pair of lightweight, portable headphones called the Mikros 90 that at only $299, fall directly into the low-priced high-end headphone sector.
With the Mikros 90, MartinLogan has taken a minimalistic approach to the design. They are primarily made of black leather with a few polished aluminum accents. The soft leather gives them a luxurious feel while adding some comfort. The aluminum allows for a solid construction without too much weight. Overall the design has an organic feel with the curved head band and egg-like ear pads.
MARTINLOGAN MIKROS 90 HEADPHONES SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: On-Ear Headphones
- Transducer: 35mm Dynamic Driver
- MFR: 6 Hz - 22 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 26 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 98dB (at 1kHz with 1mW Input)
- Max Input Power: 300mW
- Max Output: 112.83 dB SPL
- Noise Isolation: 92.05% (-22dB SPL at 1kHz with 1mW Input, 30cm)
- Weight: 5.4 Ounces
- Connector: Right Angle Gold-plated 1/8" Plug
- Cord: 4'
- Microphone Frequency Response: 180 Hz - 10 kHz
- Microphone Pickup Pattern: Omni Directional
- Microphone Sensitivity: -42dB
- MSRP: $299 USD
- SECRETS Tags: MarginLogan, Headphones, Audio