- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 12 September 2013
Introduction to the Sony HT-ST7 Sound Bar
For all the things we associate Sony with for home theater, speakers are lower down on that list. Many people scoffed when they decided to introduce a $27,000 pair of speakers, the SS-AR1, but response to them has been phenomenal. They've followed that up with a full set of home theater ES speakers meant to compete with the likes of B&W and other high-end brands.
They are also a big player in sound bars with their recent models racking up a bevy of awards. What they haven't had is a product to merge those two ambitions in audio until now. With the HT-ST7 sound bar Sony is taking aim at the high-end sound bar market and offering up a few features that we don't usually see at this price point.
SONY HT-ST7 SOUND BAR SPECIFICATIONS
- Drivers: Two 20mm Dome Tweeters, Two 2.6" Cone Midrange, One 7.25" (Sub)Woofer and One 8" x 12" Passive Radiator (Woofer and Passive Radiator in Separate Enclosure)
- Amplifiers: 7 x 50W + 100W (Woofer)
- Inputs: 3 x HDMI 1.4a, 1x Coaxial, 2x Optical, 1x Analog RCA, Bluetooth (NFC)
- Outputs: 1x HDMI with ARC
- Bar Dimensions: 4.4" H x 42.6" W x 4.4" D3/8", 17 lbs., 7 oz.
- Sub Dimensions: 16.25" H x 15.5" W x 9.5" D
- Bar Weight: 17.4 Pounds
- Sub Weight: 24.9 Pounds
- Price: $1,300 USD
- SECRETS Tags: Sony, Sound Bars, Audio