September 28, 2017 – (Springfield, IL) – Legacy Audio will premiere the new VALOR loudspeaker system in Evergreen Ballroom A at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Powered by an incredible 2750 watts per side, the VALOR is first to employ STEREO UNFOLD technology licensed from Bohmer Audio® of Sweden. By combining a controlled- directivity front array for the initial wave-launch and a side/rear -firing ambient array, VALOR is able to reconstruct the natural sequence of sound arrival of the performance space.
Precise spatial cues key to imaging are typically masked by early listening room reflections, while desirable late reflections that provide the dimensions and presence of the recording venue are either smeared or fade prematurely. The strategically shaped, dual radiation patterns generated by the VALOR system reduce early reflection in the direct field, thus unmasking critical spatial cues, while Wavelet’s STEREO UNFOLD algorithm identifies ambient information and restores it to proper time and level in the diffuse field.
Legacy’s sophisticated Wavelet Preamp/DAC/Processor provides time alignment and crossover functions for the four-way system while hosting SPDIF, Toslink and USB digital inputs and 2 pair each of balanced and unbalanced inputs.
Legacy’s Chief Designer Engineer, Bill Dudleston, will provide demonstrations of this extraordinary new technology at 11am, 1pm and 3pm daily in Evergreen Ballroom A at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.
- Application: Sequential sound field reconstruction system, auto-setup with calibrated microphone
- Processor: Wavelet 2 input, 8 output, 56 bit DSP, Room Correcton/ Stereo Unfold algorithm
- System Type: 8 Driver, 4-way system with specialized 3 driver ambient array
- Tweeter: Dual 4” AMT bridge-mounted in post convergent array
- Midrange: 1.5” coaxial, titanium/polyester diaphragm, precision waveguide
- Midwoofer: 14” carbon/pulp curvilinear cone, neo motor, dipolar
- Bass: Dual 14” carbon/pulp curvilinear cone, neo motor in super cardioid array
- Subwoofer: Dual 12” aluminum diaphragms, 480oz. motors, cast frame, 3” dual 4 layer voice coils
- Passive Radiator: Dual 12” patented symmetrically loaded with 2” travel
- Low Freq. Alignment: Hybrid cardioid pattern, dual rear radiator, down-firing sub
- Inputs: 1pr binding posts for upper range, 2XLR balanced for bass, sub, 1XLR for STEREO UNFOLD
- Internal Amplification: Subs- 1kW, Bass- 750W, Mid-500W, Ambient Array-500W
- Recommended Amp: 1 external channel of 60 watts or greater required per side for high frequencies
- Freq. Response: 12Hz-30kHz
- Impedance: XLR 10k, binding posts 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 100.5 dB (2.83V @ 1m)
- Crossover: 65, 800, 6k
- Cabinet Size: Cabinet 67” H x 16.25” W x 18” D, Base 1.5” H x 20.75” W x 20.75” D
- Weight: 288 lbs. each
- Price: TBA
Over 30 Years of Excellence. Legacy has established reference level performance in home theater and audiophile settings since 1983. The rigorous quality standard is the same for our flagship commercial doubleHELIX system as our Studio HD bookshelf system.