Engineered to Deliver Immersive 4K Content with HDR and Offer Maximum Installation Flexibility
NEW YORK (CE Week, Booth #116) – June 21, 2016 – Epson, the number-one projector manufacturer in the world, today announced the new, premium Pro Cinema 6040UB and Pro Cinema 4040 featuring 4K Enhancement Technology1 – Epson’s first Pro Cinema projectors with 4K UHD signal input and high dynamic range (HDR) support. These newly designed Pro Cinema projectors deliver up to 2,500 lumens of color brightness and 2,500 lumens of white brightness2 and an expansive color gamut to display the entire sRGB and DCI color spaces3. The projectors are engineered with up to 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and display high dynamic range content, with eye-popping bright colors and Ultra Blacks for a fully immersive large-screen experience.
“With mesmerizing resolution, up to a million-to-one dynamic contrast ratio and a full range of premium cinema features, the new Pro Cinema projectors are nothing short of amazing,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “Moreover, the flagship Pro Cinema 6040UB offers a level of performance that challenges any 4K projector currently available on the market. Viewers will enjoy stunning quality 4K UHD movies whether delivered from a UHD Blu-ray disk or streaming services.”
More About the Pro Cinema 6040UB and 4040
Designed to deliver brilliant, color-rich performance, the Epson Pro Cinema projectors’ expansive color gamut is capable of displaying the full sRGB color space, even in the brightest mode, as well as the entire DCI color gamut – the digital cinema standard — in Digital Cinema Mode. Both projectors include an enhanced optical engine and a new, all-glass cinema lens engineered to deliver excellent sharpness and color uniformity with remarkable clarity across the entire screen. Installers and customers can also take advantage of the projectors’ powered lens position memory, which enables users to preset up to 10 positions for motorized zoom, focus and lens shift for both standard projection and wide cinema ratios. In addition, a wide lens shift range offers exceptional installation flexibility, with both projectors delivering a super-wide range of up to ± 96.3 percent on the vertical axis and ± 47 percent on the horizontal axis. The projectors also include a new, non-inverting optical engine design, which utilizes an additional high-quality relay lens for Epson’s best color field uniformity to date.
The Pro Cinema 6040UB meets the ISF Certification standard. It features independent image calibration tools, plus lockable memory modes that prevent mis-adjustments that may inadvertently happen following installation and calibration, as well as additional modes including a Red-only Mode. Installers will benefit from other features, including the ability to electronically lock calibration settings. Additionally, Red and Green pixels can be turned off for making adjustments without using a special filter.
Additional Pro Cinema 6040UB and 4040 features include:
- High Brightness – Ideal for dedicated theater rooms, the Pro Cinema 6040UB features 2,500 lumens of color brightness and 2,500 lumens of white brightness2 and the Pro Cinema 4040 features 2,300 lumens of color brightness and 2,300 lumens of white brightness2
- Image Enhancement Features – Super Resolution delivers defined edges and rich image quality, making content come alive; Detail Enhancement refines surface detail for true-to-life images; users can adjust levels of sharpness and detail enhancement
- Exquisite Contrast — Up to 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for Ultra Blacks (Pro Cinema 6040UB) and up to 140,000:1 contrast ratio for rich detail in bright and dark scenes (Pro Cinema 4040
- Frame Interpolation5 – Generates multiple new frames between the originals, reducing motion blur and providing a smoother, theater-like experience
- Auto Iris Technology – Adjusts the aperture to provide the optimum contrast and brightness for each scene
- Centered Lens Design – Makes installation easy to plan and carry out with simpler lens-to-screen alignment
- Picture-in-Picture Mode – Enables twice the content at once from two HDMI inputs on a single screen
- Home Entertainment Hub – Supports HDMI for seamless compatibility with cable/satellite boxes, Blu-ray Disc/DVD players and gaming consoles. It even connects to smartphones, tablets, and streaming devices such as Chromecast™, Roku®, Amazon Fire™ TV and Apple TV®; also connect your computer, GoPro® and more
- Color Brightness Specification – Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors6
- Pro Cinema Kit – Features a three-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), ISF certification, a ceiling mount, cable cover, and extra lamp for added installation flexibility
Availability and Support
The Pro Cinema 6040UB (MSRP $3,999) and 4040 (MSRP $2,699) will be available in August through authorized CEDIA dealers. Each projector comes with Epson’s industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support, and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service. For more information, please visit www.epson.com/homeentertainment.
The new line of Epson home theater projectors will be on display and demoed at Epson’s booth #116 at CE Week June 21-23.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 67,000 employees in 90 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).