Surround Sound Speaker Systems
- Written by Stephen Hornbrook
- Published on 09 November 2009
- Atlantic Technology 4400 Speaker System
- Page 2: Design of the Atlantic Technology 4400 Speaker System
- Page 3: Setup of the Atlantic Technology 4400 Speaker System
- Page 4: The Atlantic Technology 4400 Speaker System In Use
- Page 5: The Atlantic Technology 4400 Speaker System On the Bench
- Page 6: Conclusions About the Atlantic Technology 4400 Speaker System
- Page 7: Addendum to Atlantic Technology 4400 system review - 642eSB THX select subwoofer
- All Pages
On The Bench
Tests were made with Behringer EMC8000 that was calibrated using a reference mic, an emu 0404 USB sound card, and RoomWizardEQ.
Rated at 80Hz – 20kHz ±3dB, the response curve for the 4400LR's is not that far off in Figure 1. the extra 1-2 dB dips and peaks are most likely room related. My Home Theater room does have bass traps and acoustic panels, but it is not an anechoic chamber.
Similar results with the 4400C in Figure 2 as with the LR. closer to +- 4dB in my room.
In Figure 3 the 444SB has a pretty smooth bass curve, but does not reach the earth shattering low notes very well. I personally love subs that go below 20Hz, that add a lot to the feel of the sound.