- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 17 January 2011
Furman, long known for power conditioners, has introduced a series of UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supplies) that go into operation if your home (or office) AC power goes off due to storms or other factors. From the point that your AC goes off, and the Furman supplies AC power to whatever is plugged into it, you have a certain amount of time to shut down the components you have plugged into it. The amount of time you have depends on the current draw of the connected components. The Furman F1500 is rated at 900 watts load. The optional BATT1500-EXT battery pack allows additional time. The F1500 UPS was designed with home theater users in mind, and since a sudden loss of power can corrupt receiver settings and damage bulbs in projectors, the addition of a UPS to your home theater is something to consider.
- Design: Battery Backup Power Supply
- Power Output: 900 Watts Load
- Voltage Regulation: 96 V - 135 V
- Backup Time: 32 Minutes Half-Load (101 Minutes with Optional Battery Pack), 12 Minutes Full Load (45 Minutes with BATT1500-EXT Optional Battery Pack)
- RS-232 and USB Connections for Automatic Computer Shutdown (Software Supplied)
- Eight Grounded AC Receptacles in Four Banks
- Dimensions: 3.5" H x 17" W x 19.2" D (Main Unit); 4" H x 17" W x 19" D (BATT1500-EXT)
- Weight: 72 Pounds (Main Unit), 67 Pounds (BATT1500-EXT)
- MSRP: $1,299.95 (Main Unit), $649.95 (BATT1500-EXT)
- Furman Sound