- Written by Jim Clements
- Published on 02 January 2014
Introduction to the REL T-9 Subwoofer
The REL T-9 subwoofer is the largest sub in REL's "Serie T" line. It is a solidly built sub with a 10" Ultra Long Throw main driver, a 10" front-firing passive radiator and a 300 watt Class A/B plate amp. In keeping with REL innovation (and tradition), theT-9 has a number of flexible hook up schemes, the most unique being by way of the included high level hook-up cable.
This sub is a REL through and through. That means you get great build quality. But you also get REL's incredible focus on the important details. REL just builds subwoofers and they do it excellently. As a result, the T-9 is replete with new advancements and trickle down technologies from REL's Gibraltar and Serie R lines. So let's dig a little deeper and see if the T-9 really lives up to its family heritage.
REL T-9 SUBWOOFER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Down-firing Active Driver, Passive Radiator
- Driver: 10"
- Passive Radiator: 10"
- Amplifier: 300 watts RMS (Class AB)
- MFR: 28 Hz at -6 dB In-Room
- Inputs: Hi-Level Neutrik Speakon, Low-Level Mono RCA, LFE RCA
- Outputs: None
- Dimensions: 14.75" H × 13" W × 14.75" D
- Weight: 39 Pounds
- Finishes: Gloss Piano Black or White Lacquer
- MSRP: $1,199 USD
- SECRETS Tags: RES, Subwoofers, Audio