- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 26 March 2009
Earthquake Sound, renown for powerful subwoofers, unleashes their Supernova MKVI, with its 15" driver, 15" passive radiator, and 600 watt amplifier. It will produce 110 dB at 15 Hz, and has low distortion. And did I mention it is in a not so huge enclosure?
Earthquake has a long history of building subwoofers that move a lot of air, such as the MKVI's predecessor, the MKV. They also produce several small subs for small rooms, or just when you (or your spouse) don't want a big box. But we are not here to talk about little subs. We are going to focus on a "killer" subwoofer.
- Design: Sealed Enclosure
- Amplifier: 600 Watts RMS, Class D
- MFR: Down 2 dB at 20 Hz, Down 4 dB at 15 Hz
- Inputs: XLR and RCA
- Dimensions: 18" H x 18" W x 20" D
- Weight: 75 Pounds
- MSRP: $2,899 USA in Black Ash Wood Veneer
- Earthquake Sound