The PSB Subseries 6i subwoofer is a very unassuming-looking product, albeit a little on the large size by today’s standards. It has a single 12″ driver in a ported enclosure. There are two ports that exit at the bottom front of the cabinet. The volume and crossover controls are mounted along the bottom of the front part of the cabinet as well. This arrangement allows the 6i to be mounted inside a cabinet.
The 6i is powered by a 225 Watt (continuous) BASH Class H Discrete MOSFET amp. This amp will accept single-ended line level inputs or high level inputs from a power amp. There is a 0° and 180° phase toggle and an on-standby/off toggle on the rear. The sub comes with decent, adjustable floor spikes.
All in all, the 6i represents fairly pedestrian styling and design, but its performance is quite sophisticated. The driver in the 6i is apparently very rigid and the cabinet loading provides a well-dampened (tight) subwoofer system.
- Design: Bass Reflex (Ported)
- Driver(s): 12″ Charcoal Polypropylene Cone with Rubber Surround, 2 ” Voice-Coil and 53 oz Magnet
- MFR: 29 Hz -150 HZ +/- 3 dB
- Power: 225 watts Continuous
- Controls: Volume (front), Crossover (front), Phase (0°/180°), Crossover Bypass and Master Power
- Dimensions: 16-3/8″ (W) x 20-3/4″ (H) x 21-1/4″ (D)
- Weight: 41 lbs (net)
- MSRP: $749.00
- MFR URL: http://www.psbspeakers.com/