- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 13 February 2014
Introduction to the SIM2 SUPER LUMIS Projector
Projectors are often described as having a "film-like" image. We are all trying to replicate that movie theater experience at home and so it seems that achieving that look is what we would strive for. The SIM2 SUPER LUMIS has shown me that in a modern projector; film-like is no longer what we want.
All our sources now are pixel-perfect digital sources. Ideal projectors are razor-sharp and incredibly bright. We can focus down to a single pixel on the screen. Very little we see in the theater today is film sourced or projected from film, and nothing we watch at home is stored on film. So "film-like" is not what I'm after in a projector. What I'm after is something that shows me every last detail and imperfection in what I'm watching. A projector as true to the source as possible.
With that in mind, the SIM2 SUPER LUMIS projector is a machine that is capable of doing just that. Powerful, precise, and utter revealing of everything it projects onto the screen.
SIM2 SUPER LUMIS PROJECTOR SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Three-Chip DLP Projector
- Chip Type: DLP DarkChip4
- Native Resolution: 1920x1080
- Brightness: 5,000 Lumens (high brightness lens), 3,800 Lumens (high contrast lens)
- Lamp Power: 280W-350W Adjustable
- Inputs: 2 x HDMI 1.4a, 1 x Composite, 1 x Component, 1 x PC, 1 x RS232, 1 x USB, 3 x 12V
- 3D: Yes: 4 Pairs Active Glasses Included
- Dimensions: 18” H x 8.3” W x 17.9” D
- Weight: 24.3 Pounds
- Price: $60,000 USD
- SECRETS Tags: SIM2, Projectors, Video