- Written by Chris Eberle
- Published on 11 March 2013
Introduction to the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3020e LCD Projector
Each year at the CEDIA Expo, I look forward to seeing the latest projectors from all the major manufacturers. While some do not update their products annually, Epson always has something new to offer. This past September, I got an in-depth look at all their latest models including the subject of this review, the PowerLite Home Cinema 3020e.
Epson's projectors are divided into three product lines: Portable, which offers solutions with an integrated DVD player and speakers; Home Cinema which has 10 models of varying price and capability; and Pro Cinema which boasts even better performance, longer warranties and extra accessories in the box. The 3020e occupies the middle ground in the Home Cinema series.
Last year, I reviewed the Home Cinema 5010e which boasted wireless HDMI among its many features. This enhancement has made its way down the model line into the 3020e which retails for a mere $1899. If you want to save $300, you can opt for the Home Cinema 3020 (non-e) model which is identical save the wireless HDMI feature. Of course there are many other things to talk about here but one thing remains constant: Epson always delivers tremendous performance for the money. The 3020e includes full calibration controls, excellent light output, high-quality 3D, a great lens, and of course, superb image quality. Needless to say, I was excited when the review sample arrived at my door. Let's see what Epson brings to the party this year!
EPSON POWERLITE HOME CINEMA 3020E LCD PROJECTOR SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: LCD Projector
- Panel Type: 3 Poly-silicon TFT Active Matrix, 0.61-inch
- Native Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution: 1920x1080
- Anamorphic Lens Support: No
- 3D formats: frame-sequential, side-by-side, top-bottom
- 2D-3D Conversion: Yes
- Throw Ratio: 1.32 – 2.15:1
- Lens Shift: No
- Light output (mfr): 2300 Lumens
- Contrast ratio (mfr): 40,000:1 Dynamic
- Iris Control: 2 Auto Modes
- Image size: 30" – 300"
- Inputs: 2 HDMI 1.4a, 5 Wireless HDMI, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 VGA, 1 Stereo Audio RCA, 1 USB
- Control: 1 RS-232, 1 RJ-45 for External 3D Emitter
- Speakers: 2 x 10 Watts
- Lamp power: 230 Watts
- Rated lamp life: 5000/4000 Hours (Eco/Normal)
- Dimensions: 5.4" H x 14.4" W x 15.5" D
- Weight: 13.2 Pounds
- Warranty: 2 Years
- MSRP: $1,899
- 3D glasses – 2 Pairs Included, Additional Pairs $99 Each
- SECRETS Tags: Epson, Home, Cinema, LCD, Projector, Video