PETALUMA, Calif. — June 15, 2010 — Panamax today announced the next generation of its M2 family of surge protectors: the MD2. The entire MD2 line is bolstered to include Panamax’s exclusive Protect or Disconnect(TM) circuitry while offering a new paintable cover and slim, unobtrusive design to complement any room.
With Panamax’s Protect or Disconnect circuitry, the new MD2 units disconnect AC power to connected equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge, such as lightning. For a clean, professional look in any application, the surge protectors have been completely redesigned. The models feature a removable front cover that can be painted to match any wall color and a compact size of 3.25 inches by 5.25 inches, with a depth of only 1.5 inches. The paintable front cover plate may also be rotated to directly cover up any LED “Protection OK” indicator lights.
For a wide variety of home and office electronic equipment, each MD2 device offers two side-mounted AC outlets with EMI/RFI filtration circuitry for clean, unimpeded power. Power On/Protection OK and line-fault diagnostic lights indicate wiring integrity and protection status. New devices in the family include the:
– This multi-use unit provides AC surge protection for computers, printers, copiers, appliances, and televisions.
– MSRP of $39.95
– Optimized for AC and telephone/LAN protection, the MD2-TL protects equipment such as modems, switches, phone systems, fax machines, and printers from electrical surges that travel over telephone or LAN lines.
– MSRP of $49.95
– For plasma/LCD displays, VCR/DVR components, cable modems, and set-top boxes, the MD2-C offers premium power filtration for improved picture and sound, and one pair of universal CATV/SAT/ANT ultra-low-loss connectors to protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over cable, satellite, and over-the-air antenna lines.
– MSRP of $49.95
– A new addition to the family, the MD2-CT combines AC, coaxial, and phone line protection in one compact device. Featuring in/out telco and coaxial connectors, the unit is ideal for televisions, VCR/DVR components, and satellite/cable set-top boxes.
– MSRP of $49.95
– Designed to deliver the signal from source components to remotely located A/V equipment such as projectors or subwoofers, the MD2-RCA offers three RCA input/outputs to protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over low-voltage RCA lines. For complete protection against signal cable transferrable surges and spikes, the MD2-RCA includes a grounding module with three more RCA inputs/outputs for grounding longer cable runs back to a power management component featuring a grounding binding post.
– MSRP of $69.95
All devices in the new MD2 family are available now.
# # #
Panamax has been an international leader in providing award-winning, innovative power management products for more than 35 years. The company’s power management products give audio/video systems the pure, noise-free power they need for superlative performance, providing longevity to the components connected while protecting them from damage caused by power surges and lightning. Panamax is available in all major electronic markets including home theater, professional audio and music, OEM, and office equipment. Panamax/Furman’s cloud-based power and energy management platform, BlueBOLT(TM), sets a new industry standard in ease of installation and use. The company is based in Petaluma, Calif., and sells through an international dealer network, distributors, and in select retail outlets. More information is available at www.panamax.com.
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.