Lumagen recently introduced the Radiance 2020 video processor, and ended production of the RadianceMini-3D. The Radiance 2020 has all the features of the RadianceMini-3D and adds additional features making it even more capable. Secrets readers may recall that the RadianceMini-3D won the Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity award for Best Video Processor for 2011, and the entire Radiance Video Processor line was awarded the Best Video Accessory award for 2012. In addition the RadianceXE-3D was awarded the Consumer Electronics Association’s Platinum award of Best Video Product of 2010. At Secret’s we continue to be fans of the Lumagen Radiance, and enjoy the results of using the latest Radiance products in our own theaters.
Lumagen has continuously improved the Radiance products, and even now continues to provide free enhancements for each member of the Radiance line. A couple of years ago when the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) in the original Radiance series filled up Lumagen came out with the Radiance 2XXX series utilizing much larger and faster FPGA’s to provide additional features, such as Darbee DVP™.
Here are some highlights on the newest member of the Radiance product family, the Radiance 2020:
- 4 HDMI 1.4a inputs (up to 1080p60)
- 2 HDMI 1.4a outputs (up to 1080p60)
- Lumagen NoRing™ scaling
- 4913 point Linear-Gamma RGB 3D LUT based CMS
- 21 point parametric 1D Palette for grayscale/Gamma calibration
- Darbee DVP™ image enhancement
- Noise reduction
- Edge enhancement
- Image-based automatic input aspect ratio selection
- IR remote
- RS232 command port
- Wired IR command input
- 12 VDC external universal power supply
- Case size is 11 x 1.7 x 5 inches
- The US retail price for the Radiance 2020 is $2495.
Additionally there is a “+” option available for the Radiance 2020 to increase the output rate to 4k24 or 4k30. The “+” option retail is $500.