No trade offs: high-end performance with ease of integration
Toronto, Canada – October 30th, 2013 – Anthem Electronics is pleased to announce that two models in its next generation of popular MRX Series high-end A/V receivers — MRX 710 and MRX 510 — are now shipping. Advanced Load Monitoring on the amplifiers mean the new models can not only work harder, but work harder for longer! Ease of integration, a useful and forward-looking feature set with an exciting refined version of Anthem Room Correction (ARC 1M) designed exclusively for this new generation, are part of the offering. Aesthetically, these next-generation models feature a clean, minimalist front panel and well-organized back panel. With IP and RS-232 control, the new lineup boasts an expanded, flexible command set including drivers for popular control systems, as well as remote control apps for Android and iOS (Apple) devices both coming soon. Price, in typical Anthem fashion, once again reflects an extraordinary Performance to Value relationship. The series is set to reinforce the company’s position as a leading provider of affordable high-end A/V receivers.
OVERVIEW OF MRX GENERATION 2
ARC 1M, an Enhanced Version of Anthem Room Correction (ARC)
A room’s physical dimensions, architectural details, dead spots, even furnishings, play a dramatic role in sound quality, so Anthem further refined the company’s award-winning room correction system with a version of ARC particular to the new generation. Dubbed ARC 1M, the software and microphone kit are included as part of the offering. ARC 1M connects via Ethernet, enjoys a higher level of digital signal processing and offers users the option to print ‘before and after’ room-measurement graphs. For more information on the benefits of ARC 1M, please visit anthemAV.com.
Power and Advanced Load Monitoring
MRX 710 and 510 each feature 7 channels of power. Power ratings are provided in the ‘Technical Specifications’ section later in this release.
All models benefit from our Advanced Load Monitoring to keep a constant eye on output. Voltage and current are monitored to keep output transistors within their safe operating area. A unique heat sink tunnel helps maintains cool operation. Inside the tunnel, temperature is also monitored. During normal use, the tunnel’s temperature is below the threshold at which its fan needs to turn on. In demanding situations, where the temperature rises above an initial threshold, the fan comes on at low speed. If the temperature rises above the second threshold, the fan moves into high speed. Since the fan is designed for quiet running and music will typically play louder than the fan, fan noise is not an issue.
This proprietary design allows MRX amplifiers not only to work harder, but work harder for longer periods without shutting down. Only in extreme situations, where speaker impedance is very low and the music level excessive, will the amplifier shut down to protect itself.
IMPROVEMENTS AND ADDITIONS IN MRX GENERATION 2
- 7 HDMI inputs plus a front-panel input on MRX 710 and MRX 510
- Dual HDMI outputs
- 4K upscaling and pass-through
- HDMI Audio Return channel
- Faster HDMI switching
- Up to 20 input configurations
- Software updates via the USB port
- IP control: Command set is comprehensive, yet easy to work with. Drivers for popular control systems and remote control apps for iOS (Apple) and Android are coming. Similar commands and feedback can also be used through serial control.
- Larger, easier-to-read on-screen menus and improved status displays
- Dual speaker configuration
- Speaker crossover now adjustable in 10-Hz increments
- Optical, coaxial and analog inputs send 2-channel music to Zone 2
- Bi-amping of front Left/Right channels on MRX 710 and MRX 510
- Power consumption in standby mode: <0.3 W
ELEMENTS CARRIED OVER FROM MRX GENERATION 1
- Video Conversion from Composite Video and Component Video to HDMI
- 1080p24 mode
- Dolby Volume
- AM/FM Tuner
- 3D support
- Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio and High Resolution Audio
- AnthemLogic – Cinema, Music
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx – Movie, Music (including Center Width, Dimension and Panorama adjustments)
- DTS Neo: 6 – Cinema, Music
- All-Channels – All-Speaker Stereo
- Analog Video Inputs: 1 Composite + 2 Component
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 Coaxial + 3 Optical
- 5 Stereo Analog RCA InputsC
- RS-232 Control
- IR Input and Emitter Output
- Trigger Output
- Second Audio Zone
- Backlit Remote Control
- Sidemount Rack Kit (sold separately)
- 3 years
Anthem reserves the right to change specifications and/or features without notice as design improvements are incorporated.
US FMV: MRX 710 – $1,999; MRX 510 – $1,599; MRX 310. Estimated US FMV: $1,199, estimated availability of MRX 310 is January 2014. Digital images of the entire Anthem MRX A/V receiver collection available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anthemav/collections/72157629590657413/
For more information about Anthem, visit anthemAV.com.
Anthem is a leading manufacturer of award-winning high-end electronics for music, home theater and distributed sound systems sold internationally under the brand names Anthem and Anthem Statement. Anthem products are used at all levels of music reproduction and allow you to virtually ‘be there’ every time you listen to a favorite piece of recorded music or experience the excitement of surround-sound home theater.
Contact: Erin Phillips