- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 29 May 2013
Bryston is the only high-end audio company I know of that offers a 20 year warranty on its products. They manufacture some very expensive preamps and power amps, but even the least expensive product carries that warranty. Why? Because they have massive build quality. The BP17 stereo preamplifier exemplifies that approach, and it is in the middle of their preamplifier line-up, which includes the BP6 and BP26. The BP17 offers an optional phono preamp and DAC. I received the basic BP17, without those two options.
- Design: Stereo Preamplifier
- Inputs: 8 x Analog RCA Pairs, 2 x Toslink Optical Digital, 2 x S/PDIF
- Outputs: 1 x Analog XLR Pair, 3 x Analog RCA Pairs, 1 x 1/4" Headphone
- Other Connections: RS-232, 2 x IR Control
- MFR: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.05 dB
- THD+N: 0.003%
- Dimensions: 4.6" H x 17" W x 14" D
- Weight: 11 Pounds
- MSRP: $3,500 USD; Black or Silver; Phono Preamplifier, DAC, and Remote Control are Optional
- SECRETS Tags: Bryston, Preamplifiers