- Written by Greg Zakrzewski
- Published on 03 March 2011
- Simaudio Moon 700i Integrated Amplifier
- Page 2: Design and Setup of the Simaudio Moon 700i Integrated Amplifier
- Page 3: The Simaudio Moon 700i Integrated Amplifier In Use
- Page 4: The Simaudio Moon 700i Integrated Amplifier On the Bench
- Page 5: Conclusions About the Simaudio Moon 700i Integrated Amplifier
- All Pages
I have to admit coming in that the market for integrated amps leaves me feeling a little uncertain. Brilliant in their simplicity, these products provide some advantages you can't get with separates (a optimized signal path from preamp to amp measured in inches instead of feet for example) but at the same time fits a certain niche where you may be looking at separates anyway or concerned about upgrades. By the time I was done I was wondering how I could justify setting up a dedicated 2 channel room, two speakers, a source and an integrated amp – only four boxes required!
The 700i is an impressive example of the genre. Enough power for the average user, some future proofing with the pre-outs and bypass feature plus one if not the best gain control schemes in the business. Great aesthetics that speak to it's quality and functional attributes vs. glare and gloss. Oh and gorgeous, clean sound that I will remember.