- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 16 October 2013
Legacy Audio is well-known in the A/V community. They market speakers of all sizes from bookshelf to huge floor-standers, and they have been around for more than two decades. Their speakers are made in the USA, and since the company was founded in a cabinet-making shop, the quality of the wood finish is a hallmark of their designs. The sound fits the looks, and I have wanted to test a pair for quite a while. Legacy sent me their Focus SE's, which are floor-standing speakers and are full-range. The SE stands for Silver Edition, and it celebrates Legacy's 30th anniversary.
- Design: Six Driver, Four-way, Ported Enclosure
- Drivers: One 1" Ribbon Super Tweeter, One 4" Ribbon Tweeter, Two 7" Silver-Graphite Cone Midrange, Two 12" Aluminum Cone Woofers
- MFR: 18 Hz - 30 kHz ± 2 dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 120 Hz, 2.8 kHz, 8 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Two Sets of Binding Posts for Bi-wiring or Bi-amping
- Dimensions: 55" H x 14" W x 15.4" D
- Weight: 138 Pounds/each
- MSRP: $9,650/pair USD; About $1,000 Additional for Special Woods
- Legacy Audio
- Tags: Legacy Audio, Speakers, Floor-standing Speakers, Audio