- Published on 03 December 2007
SECRETS is a magazine dedicated to bringing technical information about home theater/high-end audio and AV concepts to our readers. Also we bring artist interviews, CD and DVD reviews and interviewsof industry leaders. SECRETS publishes new information several times a week and press releases daily. Also the SECRETS Forum is always active and the Blog will feature commentary on relevant AV Topics and current events.
Our Product Reviews, Technical articles and features have been written by our Editor, Senior Editors and staff writers since the beginning of the magazine, 14 years ago. We have been receiving inquiries about reader submitted articles, for some time. With the launch of the new SECRETS website, we are launching a number of new features including reader submitted product reviews, technical articles and features about building your home theater.
Reader submitted content needs to be consistent with the published reviews, features and technical content currently on the SECRETS site. Readers should include content for each section of the standard format for product reviews, features and technical articles. There is not a size limitation in terms of words, but the subject should dictate the length of the review/article.
All reviews/articles/stories need to be illustrated with high quality photography, diagrams or graphs, as appropriate. Digital photos must be submitted in jpg or gif and have a crisp focus, good composition and lighting, and be 300pixels wide and no more than 600 pixels tall.
We do not compensate for reader submitted content, and the reader, by submitting content for publication, agrees to the terms of the Contributors License outlined below.
THIS IS A LICENSE BETWEEN Scientific Design and Information, Inc. DBA SECRETS OF HOME THEATER AND HIGH FIDELITY ("WEBSITE PUBLISHER") UNDER WHICH YOU ("CONTRIBUTOR") WILL LICENSE MATERIAL (EACH, A "WORK") FOR POSTING AND PUBLICATION BY WEBSITE PUBLISHER ON WWW.HOMETHEATERHIFI.COM (THE "WEBSITE"), SUBJECT TO YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW. BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD CLICK ON THE "REJECT" BUTTON TO EXIT THIS PAGE.
1. For good and valuable consideration, Contributor hereby grants to Scientific Design and Information, Inc., dba Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity ("Website Publisher") a nonexclusive, perpetual and irrevocable, transferable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-fee bearing (unless expressly and separately agreed between the parties) license, without limitation, to use, reproduce, distribute, publish on the Website or on any other website or in any other medium or forum, including any and all online and print media, publicly display, modify and create derivative works from any and all Works submitted by Contributor to Website Publisher hereunder, whether consisting of text, graphics, any other type of content or any combination of the foregoing.
Further to the first paragraph above, for good and valuable consideration, Contributor hereby grants to Website Publisher a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free and non-fee bearing license to use, reproduce, distribute, publish and display any Work and/or any part or portion thereof at any time, without attribution or framing of any kind which references the Website Publisher, the Contributor and/or the Website, in a collection of works and/or to publish or republish any Work and/or any part or portion thereof in any medium, forum or format, without attribution, framing or formatting of any kind, including in a magazine, book, syndicated column or online or hard copy database, on microfilm or microfiche, in Braille, on CD-ROM or DVD, on radio, on television or in any other medium or format now known or which becomes known or available in the future.
Contributor owns and will retain all right, title and interest in and to each Work, expressly subject to Website Publisher's license rights hereunder.
2. Contributor expressly acknowledges and agrees that Website Publisher has no obligation to publish any Work or any portion thereof hereunder. Website Publisher, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any Work or any portion thereof and/or to edit and format each Work as reasonably necessary; further, Website Publisher, in its sole discretion, may request that Contributor edit or modify the contents of a particular Work. Contributor acknowledges and agrees that he/she/it will not have an opportunity to review and approve any Work prior to publication by Website Publisher.
3. Contributor also grants to Website Publisher the unlimited right to use his, her or its name, image and/or biography on the Website, in any other medium, forum or format or otherwise in connection with the promotion of the Website or the Work in any medium, forum or format. In addition, should the Work be chosen as a topic of discussion in a Website online forum, Contributor will participate in that forum at a time and in a manner as mutually agreed between Contributor and Website Publisher.
4. Contributor represents and warrants that, except as specifically disclosed to Website Publisher in writing and/or specifically disclosed in the Work: (i) he/she/it is the sole author of each and every Work, which is an original work created by Contributor, free of any third party content or plagiarized material and not previously published elsewhere in whole or in part, (ii) he/she/it has the right to grant to Website Publisher the licenses and rights set forth in Section 1 above without violating any rights of any third party, (iii) all facts and statements in each Work are true; and (iv) no Work nor any content in a Work, whether text, graphics or otherwise, (a) infringes any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property right of a third party, (b) violates any right of privacy, right of publicity or any other right of any person or entity, (c) gives rise to any claim of libel, defamation or obscenity or contains any material which is unlawful, harmful, abusive, hateful, obscene, threatening, libelous or defamatory or (d) violates any international, federal, state or local law or regulation. If a Work or any portion thereof has been previously published elsewhere or has been extracted, paraphrased or summarized from information published elsewhere, Contributor must inform Website Publisher about these facts on submission of that Work. In addition, if and to the extent that a Work contains any third party content, Contributor warrants that (i) any and all such content has been fully and properly attributed to the author and publisher and (ii) Contributor has all rights to use, republish and otherwise incorporate such third party content into that Work.
Contributor will be responsible for and will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Website Publisher and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, subscribers and customers from and against any and all Liabilities arising out of the publication of any Work or an alleged breach of Contributor's representations and warranties herein except to the extent directly arising out of Website Publisher's negligence or misconduct.
5. In Website Publisher's sole and absolute discretion, any or all of the Works may be deleted from the Website at any time; provided that Contributor expressly acknowledges and agrees that Website Publisher may continue to exercise its rights hereunder with respect to any and all Works.
6. Website Publisher cannot and does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted publication or viewing of any Work on the Website. Website Publisher will have no liability whatsoever for the unavailability of any Work, the inoperability of the Website or the loss of any related opportunities or transactions incurred or suffered by Contributor, whether resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries or service interruptions caused by Website Publisher or any third party Internet service provider or host.
This License will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of law rules, and applicable federal law. Contributor acknowledges and agrees that Website Publisher may amend the terms of this license at any time in its sole discretion and that Contributor and its Works will be bound at all times by the then-current license terms. In no event WILL WEBSITE PUBLISHER be liable to Contributor (I) for any CONSEQUENTIAL OR special damages INCURRED BY Contributor IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND (II) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.00.