- Written by Jared Rachwalski
- Published on 30 April 2009
ARE Audio consists of two East Coast Canadian childhood friends who have created interesting speakers with a twist. They currently produce two models, the bookshelf Light Roasts and a floor stander called the Grinder. These guys do more than just build speakers; they also customize the speakers to your taste. Not only can you get virtually any color, you can also chose your connector style and if you have a thing for exotic drivers, you can even change those too. In fact they are open to your suggestions. With this review pair, it is obvious that they pay great attention to details by using beautifully finished cabinets with well utilized components.
- Design: Two-way, Ported
- Drivers: One 1" Cloth Dome Tweeter, One 5.5" Mid/Woofer
- MFR: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Crossover: 3 kHz, First Order
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Dimensions: 13" H x 6.5" W x 10.25" D
- Weight: 13 Pounds/Each
- MSRP: $550/Pair CDN, $650/Pair CDN with Upgraded Finish as Reviewed.