- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 31 January 2011
During the HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray format war, Toshiba was the main supporter of HD-DVD and producer of hardware. Beyond being just an HD-DVD player, their units were well known for being high quality standard DVD players with very good up conversion of legacy titles. After taking a bit of a break following the demise of HD-DVD, Toshiba is now back with a full line of Blu-ray players. I took a look at the BDX-2700, their highest end 2D model.
- Design: Blu-ray Player
- Supported Formats: BD-Rom, DVD-ROM, DVD-R DVD+R, CD, CD-R/RW.
- Supported Audio: Internal Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS Master Audio Decoding, Bitstream Support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Supported Video Resolutions from HDMI: 480i, 480p, 1080i, 1080p60, 1080p24
- Streaming Features: Blockbuster, Vudu, Netflix, Pandora
- Dimensions: 2.5" H x 16.9” W x 8.3” D
- Weight: 3.7 Pounds
- MSRP: $220 USA
- Next >>