- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 07 August 2013
Introduction to the LG BP730 Blu-ray Player
It now seems our once indispensible couch assistant, the venerable remote control, has fallen out of favor. Previously impossible to live without, new options for controlling our TV and devices have sprung up to take its place. iOS and Android apps for our smartphones and tablets are ubiquitous, with every manufacturer having one now. Some devices have moved beyond that, with cameras and microphones to let you control it with actions and voice commands.
LG also falls into this category, shipping their Magic Remote with their high-end displays and Blu-ray players, including their high-end Blu-ray player for 2013, the BP730. Black and sleek in the hand, it works much like a Nintendo Wii controller, directing a cursor around the screen. Does this provide a break-through in control for streaming content and movie playback, or is it just a feature trying to distinguish itself from a pack of non-descript boxes?
LG BP730 BLU-RAY PLAYER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Blu-ray Player
- Streaming Support: Netflix, VUDU, Hulu Plus, Pandora, YouTube, CinemaNow, Rhapsody and more
- Connections: HDMI 1.4a, Coaxial Audio, USB Front, Ethernet
- Dimensions: 1.6" H x 16.9" W x 7.8" D
- Weight: 3 Pounds
- MSRP: $200 USD
- SECRETS Tags: LG, Blu-ray, Video